We regret that we’ve had to postpone this event.
We hope to run it in the autumn, though.
We are processing refunds for everyone who booked a place and will be in touch by email with each of you as soon as we can.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
If you are still interested in attending the event when runs later in 2019, the details are below. You can always contact us directly for more information.
Who is it for?
You may be a psychologist or psychotherapist leaving the NHS and moving in to private practice; working part-time in the NHS and practising privately as well; retiring from the NHS and setting up a private practice on your own. Your practice might involve you on your own or be in partnership.
There are many things to bear in mind about setting up and running a private practice. Not just practising your profession but also setting up in business, getting new clients, handling the financial side, forecasting realistic incomes & costs and administering it all.
Then there are the tools you may want to use for different aspects of all of these areas:
- telephone and email contact plus a computer (for letters, notes, spreadsheets etc)
- how to record, report and store data about your business and for your client work
- organising and filing this and the processes you’ll use
- a website, a social media presence, video conferencing, recording (audio and video)
How will this workshop help you?
- give you an understanding of what’s involved in setting up and running a practice
- provide a structure for considering the various aspects of your practice as a business
- get you started on setting out your finances so you can understand them better and use them to help with your year-end (tax, etc) reporting
- help you to decide which processes you’ll need to set up and how to put them in place
- give you an overview of the technologies, tools and products available so you can decide which will suit your practice the best.